Friday, October 23, 2009

Volkswagen CC

The CC is a four-door sedan with frameless side windows, it seats four people and carries a premium price tag over the Passat it's based on.  The VW marketing folks would like us to call it a "coupe" (which it clearly is not), apparently just because the roofline is sportier-looking than "regular" sedans.  It's the second sedan--that I'm aware of--to be labled a "coupe", the first being the Mercedes-Benz CLS.

Everywhere I look (on the 'Net), reviewers of the Volkswagen CC trip over themselves in order to pile on the superlatives, going on and on about how absolutely gorgeous the car is.  Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't see where the CC is a ravishing beauty.  Stylish?  Sure, but not to the point where I would call it "art" as some sites have done.  Frankly, the Mercedes-Benz CLS is better-looking and it's an older design.

2 comments:

  1. I have a CC and I agree it's not quite as good looking as the CLS, but then again, it cost about half as much. However, you are wrong about the CC coming at a premium in price over the Passat. The base model CC is priced less than the base Passat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, even though the difference is only around $1,000.

    ReplyDelete