Friday, October 16, 2009

Canon PowerShot G11

I've been on and off with this camera.  I like the retro rangefinder design of the body.  I like the 28-140mm lens.  I like the fact that Canon reigned in the resolution, bringing it to 10MP instead of 14.7MP (in the G10).  I like the rotating LCD.  I like everything about it, really.

Image quality, after seeing some direct studio comparison shots, is very similar to my A640.  In fact, the G11 appears to resolve finer detail.  That's impressive, considering the A640 was already producing very detailed images.  At higher sensitivities, the G11 is more useful than the A640 because the images are cleaner, less "grainy" (the A640's "grain" is very noticeable, in comparison). 

After thinking about it, comparing it to other cameras and checking out the picture quality...I think I do want a G11 after all.  It's a fantastic camera.  The only hurdle is the $499 price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment